The Coconino Hispanic Advisory Council (C.H.A.C.*) was established in 2001 by the Board of Supervisors to provide an official liaison and communications link between the Hispanic community and Coconino County.
*CHAC — The Mayan god of rain, fertility and all good things.
• To review and make recommendations on proposed local, state and federal legislation affecting the Hispanic community.
• To examine and assist in planning policies in the areas of employment, education, housing, land use, social services, health, mental health, criminal justice and recreation.
• To assist Coconino County in recruiting and retaining Hispanic employees.
• To promote Hispanic cultural arts, historic activities and events.
• To conduct forums on issues and concerns of the Hispanic community in Coconino County.
Membership: Membership is open to interested citizens who reside in Coconino County. For more information, or to receive a membership application, interested citizens may call the Clerk of the Board at (928) 679-7162 or toll-free at (800) 559-9289. Citizens can also CLICK HERE to fill out our electronic membership application.
Term: Two years, except for the initial committee. Five members of the initial committee shall have a one year term in order to implement staggered terms. Any member, whether appointed for an initial one year or two-year term, or appointed to fill a vacancy, may be re-appointed for three additional terms.
Minutes: For a copy of past minutes, call 928-679-7135 or send an email to Susie Garretson at email@example.com