FLAGSTAFF — The Coconino County Hispanic Advisory Council (CHAC) will present its fourth annual César E. Chávez Community Recognition Breakfast from 7:30 to 9 a.m. Friday, March 30, 2018 at American Legion Post 3, 204 W. Birch Ave., Flagstaff.
The event honors local Hispanic community leaders and veterans.
Tickets are $12. Required reservations due by 5 p.m. Friday, March 23. Contact Susan Garretson at email@example.com or call (928) 679-7144 to make reservations or for more information.
Ruth Eaton, Chair
Coconino County Hispanic Advisory Council
About CHAC: The Coconino County Hispanic Advisory Council was established in 2001 with the purpose of advising the County Board of Supervisors on issues and concerns that affect the Hispanic community in Coconino County. In addition to serving as an advisory group to the county supervisors, the council has identified the following five major areas of focus:
- To conduct forums on issues and concerns of the Hispanic community
- To promote awareness of the need for diversity in employment, training and economic development
- To assist Coconino County in recruiting and retaining Hispanic employees
- To promote Hispanic culture, arts, historic activities and events
- To examine and make policy recommendations in the areas of education, housing, land use, health, social services, recreation and criminal justice